06 January 2007

Cold, Windy and Kind of Small? Let's Surf!!!

I'm still cold even though I got out of the water before 9 a.m. I even took a hot bath while drinking hot tea. And I'm still cold!!! How do the surfers in Northern Cali and the East Coast do it?. All of you who regularly surf in cold, windy conditions should give yourselves a pat on the back. You've got balls (albeit frozen ones)!

I got some good waves. I hadn't expected to catch much with booties on. Yes, I hate 'em, hate 'em like there's no tomorrow. But I was cold before I even got in the water. That wind was biting. I noticed I wasn't the only one to change into my wetsuit while sitting in the car. How I managed to stay out for about an hour I don't know. I guess it was the waves. It's not like I was warm or anything. In fact, I have a thick rashguard that I wear under my wetsuit for added warmth. It's a long-sleeve thing that irritates the hell out of me because the sleeves bunch up and make paddling difficult. Before I got in, I grabbed some scissors from someone and cut the sleeves off. I want the warmth for my core. It's okay if my arms get cold. As I was saying, the thick rash vest and booties didn't help much. I complained the entire time I was sitting out in lineup. Was it worth it? Hell, yeah. I got more waves than I thought I would and the new board is perfect.

1 Comments:

At 1/6/07, 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are definitely the good mornings to put the suit on at home, then I put some sweats and a warm hat on over that. So, no changing issues once you get there, and you're also more committed to going in for a few regardless.

Glad to hear you had a good session.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home