23 December 2006

Nope, Those Weren't Them

Those weren't the waves I was looking for. Today's session was a study in frustration as one lone surfer—damn you, Palmer!!—was feeling it and catching everything. The rest of us were being being buoys, buoys that paddled furiously and watched waves nonetheless pass right under us. Let's just say there was a lot of cursing going on out there. I caught a little bit of nothing. In the end, that's fine. I needed to get wet to blow out the cobwebs. My first session back after being out of the water for awhile is always terrible. I was prepared for that. My main goal was to reawaken the muscles I use for paddling. I did that. Surfing? I didn't do that, at least not to my satisfaction. I'll try again tomorrow.

7 Comments:

At 12/23/06, 4:46 PM, Blogger gracefullee said...

Bummer. I just read the swellmagnet report and thought maybe you'd have had a good session!

 
At 12/23/06, 4:46 PM, Blogger gracefullee said...

Landlocked in Phoenix right now, so I was hoping to live vicariously. :)

 
At 12/23/06, 6:40 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

Suzy, Bob, Proud Mary, Mike, Patti, and a bunch of guys I didn't know were mainly sitting around doing nothing much. Bart caught a few and called me down to where he was. Then everyone followed me. So I gave up on that spot.

I wasn't in much of a mood once I saw the waves anyway. They sucked. I was happy to be out there. I think tomorrow will be better. Proud Mary and family are doing Christmas Eve breakfast on the beach for all of us (mainly coffee and donuts). You were missed today. I was looking for your car. The parking computer was broken when I got there. I actually left a folded up dollar under my windshield wiper as a way of showing the Parking Nazi that I was righteous. When I got back to the car after my session, the dollar was still there and the Nazi hadn't been through. The surf gods smiled on me today.

 
At 12/23/06, 9:10 PM, Blogger Palmerman said...

Tomorrow will be better for u girl. I was feeling it today. Wow.. what a day. Palmer.

 
At 12/23/06, 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well when you're a barn it's probably hard to have a good day after not being out for a while

 
At 12/23/06, 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only barns call people barns, barn. I can see your butt-wiggling style-less flailing. You're so fixated on the barn thing that you have to suck. Go away.

 
At 12/28/06, 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barn barn barn. Sorry, just had to jump in for fun. Good surf to all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home