15 December 2005

It's Time



Now that the funboard is no longer a challenge for me, it's time to face my fears (of being and looking like a complete kook) and move down to the 7'0". I know the transition will be difficult. But I'm ready. My skills are such that I know I'll eventually master this board. The only thing is it certainly won't be pretty. I'm ready for that. I need a new challenge in the water. I went out to the home break yesterday. Damn, it's cold these days! The waves weren't all that great. It would have been the perfect day to spend some time on the shorter board. So, my plan is to now take two boards to each session.

5 Comments:

At 12/16/05, 7:00 AM, Blogger BeanCountingSurfer said...

Sweet board! Reminds me of my single fin.

 
At 12/16/05, 11:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

go go go!

 
At 12/17/05, 7:12 AM, Blogger Whiffleboy said...

Do it, Sis! Let me know if you can ever do a DP run on a Friday or Saturday. I'll pick you up.

 
At 12/18/05, 8:17 AM, Blogger Surfsister said...

Thanks, guys! I'm feeling like I'm ready to move to the next level in my surfing. And someone reminded me that the better you get on a shorter board, the better you'll be on a longboard. So, it's time!

 
At 12/21/05, 12:50 PM, Blogger jchack said...

I should probably take a hint, but...

I'll be in Pedro for the holidays and I'll bring my 7' 4" single fin so maybe we can kook it up at the same time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home