20 September 2005

What the . . . ?

Since when does it rain in L.A. in September? I remember, many decades back, having to wear shorts to school because it was so hot in September. What on earth is going on with our climate? Global warming perhaps? I don't know, but I'll admit to being worried. The climate changes in L.A. over the past few years have been drastic. I'm now sitting here in a darkened room, since there's no sunshine and no need for me to turn on the light, completely astonished by what's happening outside. Okay, I've seen rain before. It's the reason why most of last winter was spent on dry land rather than out in the water. But I don't remember having seen this much rain at this time of the year. And dammit, it's messing up my surf plans. I'm not sure how much rain we've had since last night, so I'm not sure how much pollution is now flowing into the ocean. I'm not a gambler by any means. I don't do Vegas or any other place that invites you to simply work under the illusion that you're winning and losing at the same time. (Face it, you're really losing your money.) Well, I'm not gambling with the ocean either. I guess that means I'll be out of the water for a bit. Damn!

4 Comments:

At 9/20/05, 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, not just rain, but thunder and lightnin'. My dog FREAKED OUT last night. Whining and pacing for three hours straight. Fun.

 
At 9/20/05, 1:08 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

Thanks, Curly Top. The blog may not last much longer now that a change of jobs is in the works.

Jason, our dog was so quiet that I didn't remember to be worried about him and the lightning. I guess it didn't phase him. But don't let a butterfly go past the front door. Don't let a leaf fall off a tree. Then he flips out.

 
At 9/21/05, 6:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It can't be winter yet, we didn't even have summer!

 
At 9/21/05, 8:19 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

What summer? I refuse to call those months between June and August summer. Remember, those are the months I spent freezing to death in a springsuit. But I'm not bitter!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home