09 May 2011

Bringing Style Back to a Point Break Near You



Yes, they were all taken during today's session. Thank you for asking!

Pretty impressive, don't you think?

In other news, something with pincers got hold of my foot when I was coming out of the water after my session. Being the calm, cool, collected sista girl that I am, I let out a yell that surprised even me. And I kept yelling when the thing wouldn't let go of my foot. So here I am, holding my board in one hand and standing on one foot while violently shaking the other foot underwater in an effort to get whatever it was to let go of me. Oh, don't forget I was still screaming while all of that was going on. Then, it struck me that even though it felt like something had me in its claws, I might, in fact, be feeling the beginning of the pain from a stingray bite. Then I started screaming harder. LOL! I'm cracking myself up just repeating this. Well, whatever it was eventually released me. What happened next? I started laughing as loudly as I'd been screaming! I examined my foot. There was a tiny red mark. The sea creature hadn't even broken the skin. Since we'd all seen lobster and crab carcasses all over the beach, as well as in the water, I'm going to assume one of those crustaceans wanted to let me know who the true locals are. Message received!!

6 Comments:

At 5/9/11, 10:26 PM, Blogger Craig Wallace said...

Oh, that last shot is the best. I think, if I look hard enough, you might be laughing. I also think that I perfected that move first and I do expect a royalty payment from you.

Keep up the good work.

 
At 5/9/11, 10:28 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

I'm usually grinning from ear-to-ear when I crash and burn. I just find these falls so entertaining!

Your royalty check . . . is in the mail (famous last words).

 
At 5/10/11, 1:26 AM, Blogger Dr Mad Fish said...

Just LOVE the pics, the story and your ability to laugh at yourself - wonderful!

 
At 5/10/11, 10:54 AM, Blogger Surfing Grandma of OC said...

I loved EVERYTHING about this Blog.. Surf Sister is human.. who would have thunk it. ;-)!.. As I told you I totally would have been screaming too. Hey we may look like "tough" surfer girls..but key word here is "girls"! We still are....
AND I love Wipe Out pix..one of my fav pix is a wipe out pix of mine...

 
At 5/10/11, 12:38 PM, Blogger SlowPolk said...

Very impressive

 
At 5/10/11, 4:40 PM, Blogger Bill said...

Awesome stuff there, but I bet I got ya beat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home