10 March 2010

I Ain't No Surf Kook

You (and you know who you are) told me to put stickers on the ramp so I don't look like a "surf kook". Okay, then. What? I need more stickers? #$%!@!

I took the tarp off the ramp. Rain isn't in the forecast and I'm ready to get back on my board. It's time to start dropping in on this thing. I haven't done it yet. This El Niño winter has put a damper on me getting my skate on. The ramp has seen the tarp more than the ramp has seen me! That's going to change. I can almost hit the coping (which isn't even vertical) without dropping in. Well, that gets old after awhile. It's time to just go for it. So the next time you hear some thunder while the sun is still out (think tomorrow), that sound will actually be me falling onto the ramp. I generally fall with a big thud (!!!!). Then I get up and keep skating.

3 Comments:

At 3/10/10, 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you can almost grind, you can drop in.
Maybe wear some pads the first few times till you get it down.. and then.. RIP!

 
At 3/11/10, 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there, aside from your ramp sessions I hope your surf session went nicely this morning. Thanks for dedicating some of your stoke to me, I really appreciate all of your support and comments over the last couple months. Cheers, Kenny Bloggins

 
At 3/12/10, 5:10 PM, Blogger SB mike said...

ahoy Mary,
Looking good. What a beauty. That board will work good on a point. Did you spec in that big fin? Love the concave. Rock on!
Depraved in Santa Barbara - Mike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home