31 October 2009

Perhaps Granny Will Wear Her Leash Next Time She Surfs!

Yes, the pink fuzzy slippers stayed on throughout the heat. I even swam in with them on. I've said it before. I'll say it again. It takes mad skills to surf in that kind of footwear. Do I at least get points for that?

This contest was something else. Your surf skills mattered little. It was all about the costume and the surfer's interpretation of said clothing. When we checked in, we were all given a handout which stated that "points will be given for a combination of costume, surfing ability, your ability to express your costume and most of all having fun!"

Who won? The Teletubbies for Surfing winner, the Viking (complete with a surfboard decked out like a ship) for Costume Winner and the Leopard Shark (my friend Nancy) for Overall Winner. I did manage to catch a couple of waves when I wasn't swimming in to to get my board. I was especially impressed by the fact that I came out of the water with all of my costume. I can't exactly say my costume was intact. The hairnet was hanging by one curler. Other than that, my costume after the heat was no different than it was before the heat (except for the fact that it was wet).

Would I do this contest again? In a heartbeat!

4 Comments:

At 11/1/09, 12:07 AM, Blogger gracefullee said...

Rock it, Granny!

Glad you got some waves. I walked away from the beach early because it looked so flat. I guess I shoulda waited for the parade of costumed ghouls and grannies!

 
At 11/1/09, 6:31 PM, Blogger Bill said...

OUTSTANDING !

Great costume, photos, and surfing there Sis.

Nice ! !

 
At 11/2/09, 9:46 AM, Blogger SB mike said...

pink slippers and a nice left! Sacry Wipeout!
You look marvalos, darling!
I don't know how the winners looked but they must have looked quite garish to beat you out.
Happy Holiday Surf Out!

 
At 11/8/09, 1:11 PM, Blogger Jamie Welsh Watson said...

Wish I was there to see it but thanks for posting about it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home