05 January 2008

That's What I Call a Surf Film

I watched Chasing the Lotus tonight. I must admit that I enjoyed this film more than I thought I would. For some reason, I was unaware that it was a documentary. When it came out, I thought it was just another funky surf film that would bore me to tears. I was so wrong.

Yesterday, I hit my local female-oriented surf shop to buy a 2008 calendar. While I was there, I grabbed a Chasing the Lotus tank top that was on the sale rack. As she rang me up, the shop's owner commented that I must have liked the film. I hadn't seen the film. I'm just a woman who loves tank tops. In my world, you can never have too many tank tops (at least not while you have the physique for them). As it turns out, the shop loans out videos. When I left, I had my calendar, my tank top and my loaner copy of the film. Not wanting to keep the DVD for too long, I watched it tonight. What a wonderful film. I loved seeing Lopez in Indo and Occy at J-Bay. What I liked even more was the history lesson about the filmmaking and photography of Greg Weaver and Spyder Wills. Like I said before, I love a good documentary. If you haven't seen this film, do check it out.

2 Comments:

At 1/7/08, 7:37 AM, Blogger brownfish said...

Thanks for the review. Will definately pick it up in the next few days. G

 
At 1/13/08, 4:22 AM, Blogger Beach Bum said...

Yeah - thanks for the tip - I got here via me mate Sharkbait's blog. You got a good thang going here so I'm linking to you on my site under "Beach Bum's best bloggers" Don't feel the need to reciprocate - but if you wanna make a grown man cry lol - btw check out a recent post on sexploitation in surfing that I penned. I'm trying to get some feedback from women for a follow up - any thoughts or views on this would be appreciated!

Cheers BB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home