08 January 2008

New Gig

I will be doing some writing for an L.A. online magazine. There's no pay involved (dammit!), but I'm fine with that. I opted to do it as yet another way to make me write regularly. I've committed to two articles each week. My Friday stories will be about surfing. I'm going to post my articles here as a way of keeping a record of what I write. My first piece is due on Thursday night. I'll be giving my own version of the rules new and clueless surfers should know about our sport.

The surf looks tasty today. It's actually a little hard to sit here without giving serious thought to a paddle out. I want to go, but I also want to live. The rain this weekend was no joke. Our living room ceiling can attest to that yet again. (Does the fact that we need a new roof mean I should stop planning on making a surf trip? What about the other board I want to add to my quiver?) I know it's filthy out there in the water. Give it another day or two. I'm thinking I'll surf again on Thursday. That's as long as I can hold out, especially with some swell in the water. Play it safe, everybody. The waves will be there for us. If you go now, the toxins in the water will be there too. Take one more day . . . if you can.

3 Comments:

At 1/8/08, 9:10 PM, Blogger dgm said...

Congrats on your writing gig. Maybe it's the path to a more lucrative one. (FYI, you might want to make sure you retain the copyright to your articles before you post them here, or that they are otherwise okay with you posting them. If possible, retain your copyrights.)

 
At 1/8/08, 10:41 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

Thanks for the advice! I will look into that.

 
At 1/10/08, 9:37 AM, Blogger Patch said...

Good luck. Break a pencil...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home