14 January 2007

Were We Bad in a Previous Life?

Is that why Mother Nature won't bring us any waves? And who the hell is manning the surf report computers at Pacific Waverider and Surfline? What I saw out there was not "1-3 and fair". It was 0-2 and flat. If these people would just tell it like it is, I wouldn't have to waste all of this time getting mentally psyched up, packing the car, and driving to the beach. If I paid for surf reports, I'd be demanding my money back. But I don't pay and won't pay. "Don't get fired unless it's firing." Isn't that the slogan for one of the surf report sites? If we all keep depending on their surf reports, we'll get fired for constantly leaving work to chase after non-existent epic conditions.

COMING SOON: The Quiver

6 Comments:

At 1/14/07, 8:18 PM, Blogger Bill said...

I hope you get some soon :)

 
At 1/15/07, 8:02 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Seriously! I beleive the reporters purposely give better rating to bad conditions in hopes burning out the general crowd mentally and physically. Then when the reall stuff comes, they purposely under-report it so that they keep the crowds down at their preferred spot. I don't know how many times I've found the exact opposite conditions of what was being reported...

 
At 1/15/07, 9:06 AM, Blogger dave rich said...

Im glad our surfing community is small enough that our reports are fairly accurate. of course a great deal of us could probably get a minor in meteorology as well haha.
i rely on the reports when I want a quick answer if I should go or not. we recently gained another amazing report site, wes (surfnsail) is a local meteor guy for an airport I think.
www.g-townsurf.com
i hope you get some waves soon also....

im waiting till spring brrrrrr

 
At 1/15/07, 10:15 AM, Blogger 6ftnperfect said...

the cameras don't lie!

 
At 1/15/07, 10:24 AM, Blogger gracefullee said...

I'm surprised you drove out for "1-3 and fair." I decided it was so cold that I was only going out if the reports said "head-high and shoulders."

 
At 1/15/07, 8:43 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

I'll do 1-3 and fair in a heartbeat, even if it's cold. The way I see it, 1-3 is for the average wave but the set waves will be 4-5. I'll paddle out in the cold just to get a couple of those set waves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home