26 August 2006

So I Lied

This post is not about surfing. I'm going to post a picture of my head . . . okay, a picture of my hair. I've not taken a picture of it in awhile. It certainly has changed since I started the locking process last year. Unfortunately, those things on my head still aren't mature locks. I think these are what they call teenage locks. Or maybe they aren't. This dreadlock thing is so confusing. I had no idea it would take this long. It's been worth it though. Now that I see how far I've come, I'm glad I stuck with it. It's safe to assume that by this time next year, I will be sporting the real things.

2 Comments:

At 9/3/06, 7:57 PM, Blogger SlowPolk said...

Nice job on predreads, I have to say most black women I know would never surf because they do not want their hair to get wet. You are a trail blazer.

 
At 9/6/06, 8:20 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

Thanks, Slow. I agree with you. The sistas are overly preoccupied with hair. It's the way we've been socialized. I opted out of that nonsense decades ago. You can't have any fun if all you do is worry about your hair!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home