17 August 2006

Are You Gonna Update This Blog or What?

That's what Clayfin just asked in his comment to my last post. My answer: Why? I tend to blog when I surf. I only get to surf on the weekends now so I don't have much to say. Let's see, what can I talk about? Well, I'm giving thought to selling the Tyler. I love the board, but it weighs a f*#king ton. I'm worried that as I get older I won't be able to carry that thing around. I have a hard enough time with it now. What else? Well, as one who's always looking for a way to make the work day a little more tolerable, I decided I needed something to love and care for in my workspace. So, I'm raising a small aquarium of sea monkeys. One of the other guys in my department is just as weird as I am and now he's got sea monkeys at his desk too. We (as in some of the people in my department) play bocce ball every Wednesday on our lunch break. Apparently, we don't play by the rules. We don't care. Our way is much more enjoyable than the formal game. Oh! One of the buyers hooked me up with some fins and a body board (after hooking me up last week with a wetsuit for Soul Brother #1 and a rashguard). I'll be giving body boarding a try once the waves get bigger. That's about it. Like you, Clayfin, the spouse, kid, and job require all of my attention, but surfing is always on my mind. Seriously, I am giving thought to ways I can make money without being locked down in a cubicle in some office. I can handle it for now. I don't want to do it for decades. You can eventually fall back on shaping surfboards. I don't have such skills. So I need to think long and hard on this before I make any moves away from my current employer.

3 Comments:

At 8/18/06, 10:56 AM, Blogger 6ftnperfect said...

speaking of my alleged shaping skills, I will trade you the fish I'm making for the Tyler. But seriously, NEVER sell a good longboard. I can think of three that I wish I still had.

 
At 8/18/06, 2:25 PM, Blogger gracefullee said...

I'm with Clayfin, but if you do want to sell it you know who to come to first! :)

 
At 8/18/06, 5:10 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

Okay, okay! I said I was thinking about it. I didn't say I was going through with it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home