15 July 2012

100.3 The Sound

I watch almost no TV, but I do listen to the radio. I prefer public radio and one music station in particular. I discovered this station a few years ago when I going up and down the dial in search of something decent to which to listen. I remember going past a song I hadn't heard in ages. So I turned back. What I heard made my head spin.

Who plays cuts from Pink Floyd's Animals? I hadn't heard any of those songs on the radio since junior high? High school? I wasn't sure, but I knew I'd found something to which I needed to pay attention.

I've been a rather devoted listener to the station ever since.

I was invited down there on Thursday to record a program where a listener is given an hour to present her playlist. I'd like to think I didn't completely blow it. Somehow, though, I think the excitement got to me. Then, the rambling started. So who knows how it will sound? Nonetheless, I was there. The DJ, Andy Chanley, was cool as $#%@!


They sent me home with stickers, a Led Zeppelin-themed shirt and . . . wait for it . . . Led Zeppelin-themed key chains. (Yes, I'm easily amused by the little things in life, things like key chains, yes.)

You gotta love a rock station that lets a girl play both James Brown and The Isley Brothers. My playlist was submitted over a year ago. If I had it to do all over again, half of it would consist of cowbell jams. Perhaps it was best that they caught me before I got the fever.


3 Comments:

At 7/15/12, 3:45 PM, Blogger Bill said...

Its you thing

 
At 7/17/12, 1:38 PM, Blogger Steve said...

Great stuff Mary....only you!

 
At 7/22/12, 1:54 PM, Blogger Steve and Cher Pendo said...

Great all around!! Love ya Mary!
Aloha, Cher and Steve

 

Post a Comment

<< Home