01 December 2011

Coming Up for Air

I've been seriously under the weather for the last two weeks. That's atypical for me. Normally, I feel kind of superhero-like. By that, I mean I generally feel great. But a few weeks ago, I could feel this weird pressure above my eyes. That was accompanied by sniffles.

Well, whatever that was soon morphed into a full-blown sinus ailment of pretty epic proportions. I did start the neti pot soon after the symptoms came upon me. Still, that odd feeling in my forehead is what laid me low. If I wasn't light-headed, I was having dizzy spells. And the sore throat was so bad that one of my friends was concerned that I might have strep.

Anyway, I ended up taking a week off from surfing and, as of tomorrow, two weeks off from serious skating. Obviously, Kryptonite was somewhere in this house. I felt like ass for what seemed like forever.

Sinusitis? Sinus infection? Who knows?

I'm finally back among the living because of homeopathy. I have no health insurance, therefore I am not free to visit the doctor when I'm ill. In the long run, the doctor was unimportant; I have no intention of taking antibiotics unless I'm seriously ill. What good would a visit to my physician have done me?

The nasty sore throat was cured by, believe it or not, cayenne pepper. Gargling with it does the trick. If you happen to accidentally drink some of that liquid, that's even better. My sore throat was gone for good within a day of gargling with cayenne pepper.

Unfortunately, I continued to have the dizziness, fatigue and runny nose—neti pot be damned.

Back to the drawing board to find out how to handle that. Then I happened upon three words: grapefruit seed extract. WTF? Then one of my friends mentioned those words. Then another friend mentioned those words! To make a long story short, I got some homeopathic nasal spray with grapefruit seed extract. Eureka!! I just got the stuff yesterday. I woke up this morning feeling almost like myself. That weird heaviness in my head was gone, as was the dizziness, fatigue, lightheadedness and constant runny nose.

I am, literally, now coming up for air. Finally!!

By the way, as others have said, the wind blows!

6 Comments:

At 12/2/11, 4:35 AM, Blogger Dr Mad Fish said...

Awesome. RamSnake has been having aweful sinus trouble lately so I will tell him to try that if he doesn't see your blog.

Sniffing warm salt water (made up at home with disolved sea salt) is good for clearing sinus headache. Instant relief for me.

 
At 12/2/11, 5:25 AM, Blogger pranaglider said...

Stoked you are feeling better! Sometimes it seems that everything we need is growing around us. I wish I had spent more time learning where to look.

 
At 12/24/11, 7:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

..I put a couple drops of G.S.E. on my toothpaste every morning.....

 
At 12/24/11, 7:09 AM, Blogger Surfsister said...

I wrote about GSE and this other stuff in another place. This guy tried to rip me a new one for talking about homeopathic stuff. You would have thought I'd told people to go jump out fifth floor windows. Asshole.

On your toothpaste, huh? That is a thought! Thanks, Anonymous!

 
At 12/29/11, 8:04 AM, Anonymous Fresh water stoke said...

3 years ago I had started using it on toothpaste to get rid of an abscess.I needed meds for that but was advised it would help by bulding immunity.I really believe in it.In the winter I work outside,surf the Great Lakes and am staying healthy. hmmmm.Keep on blog'n,this site is sweet.

 
At 12/29/11, 6:44 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

Thanks for the compliment!!! I rather like my blog too. I crack myself up. I really do, so it's as entertaining for me as it is for everyone else.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home