15 July 2010

The "Summer Finally Showed Up" Dance Party


I don't remember the last time we had July Gloom for as long as we did. I do remember it raining in June a few years ago. But July? What was that about? I'm just thankful that the sun finally gave up on that stupid GPS, got a proper Thomas Guide and found its way back to Southern California. Yeah, it's hot now . . . and I love it! I was in a 4/3 on Monday. Today, I was in a 3/2 which I ended up only half wearing because I got overheated. I like my summers the way I like my men—hot and bothered. (Cue rimshot!)

I was stalked by a rather large jellyfish during today's session. No matter what I did, I could not get away from that thing. I'd paddle away only to find it right next to me a few seconds later. I'd take a wave and paddle back out to a different position in the lineup. Guess who would swim back over to find me? I know the sting won't kill me. I've been stung before. Still, I'd rather not repeat that experience if I can in any way avoid it.

It's summer. Finally!!

3 Comments:

At 7/16/10, 6:25 AM, Blogger Bill said...

Enjoy the warmth

 
At 7/16/10, 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nick gilder song"hot in the city" fits better

 
At 7/16/10, 3:57 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

That song was Hot Child in the City. Not uptempo enough for a dance party, at least not in my opinion. But it is a song I liked growing up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home