02 July 2010

Wax a Pig

I could leave the board out on the porch all night sitting just like that. No one would take it.

I surf this board so much that I'm now forced to strip the wax off every few weeks. I just did a new wax job a few weeks ago. But by last week, I'd surfed this board enough that there were spots on the board that no longer had wax. I don't mind though. One of my favorite surf-related pastimes is waxing my boards.

In other news, my hair has begun it's summer bleach out again. The neighbors are nice enough to point out that my hair is turning yellow (which is not something you see often around here). I will continue to follow my practice of letting it bleach all the way out in the summer and then dying it back to a dark color in the winter.

Have a good weekend! Be safe and sane! Surf/skate like you mean it. Try not to lose your cool in the lineup.

6 Comments:

At 7/2/10, 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

buttons dye his blonde.remember no bleach allowed

 
At 7/3/10, 7:27 AM, Blogger Surfsister said...

No bleach here. Just salt water and sun. My hair does what it wants to do.

 
At 7/3/10, 8:56 AM, Blogger christian said...

In an attempt to keep my cool, I will stay dry for the next few days. :)I hear there's swell coming, though. Some bozo on the news said 5' to 8'. I love when they say that stuff. I have no idea where those numbers come from.

 
At 7/3/10, 3:47 PM, Blogger pabs said...

that swell report is supposed to be the true thing, seeing that the online LA Times has it on their front page...fortune smiles on thee and Beer Can Beach for the 4th! Surf the Pig!

 
At 7/4/10, 9:35 AM, Blogger SlowPolk said...

nice arms!

 
At 7/4/10, 8:00 PM, Blogger Rebecca Olive said...

I took the wax from my board for the first time since I bought it and I ended up with an enormous ball of used, blackened wax. Amazing to see how quickly it builds up. And so so nice to see how much of a difference changing it makes to surfing that board!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home