30 December 2008

"Next Time Wear a Dive Suit"

This is one of the retorts thrown at me when someone heard me say I was cold. Dive suit? Can you still paddle in one of those things? That's what I was thinking. I'm sure the person who made the suggestion thought he was making a funny joke. I, on the other hand, thought it a good idea!

Christian, it was nice to actually meet and surf with you, brother. I appreciate people who are genuine, mellow and generous. That's you! I'm anxious to surf with you again. That was great fun.

Yes, two members of the tribe (of surfing bloggers) finally hooked up for a session. We both paddled out on logs, mine a banged up but watertight Tyler and his that new Anderson that looks so stunning on his blog and in person. We also ran into some of the Hawaiian crew from RPB. Initially, he and I paddled out right in front of where we parked. Eventually, we were told to paddle north to the Hawaiians. That was the call! There was a nice little peak there that we all shared. We were having such a good time that someone we didn't even know paddled over to join in the fun. All in all, it was a good day in the water.

2 Comments:

At 12/30/08, 6:00 PM, Blogger christian said...

Such a good time today. I loved how we found our own peak and had a fine session. :)

 
At 12/31/08, 8:03 AM, Blogger Toddy said...

We used to wear bits of dive suits and doubled up waterski long johns and shortie springs on the Washington coast. Heating is do-able, paddling, not so much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home