25 January 2008

Turn the Damn Faucet Off Already!

I'm tired of rain. I'm tired of the pool. And there'll be no paddling out in that filthy water any time soon. I know I was in favor of the rain months ago, but it's time for a veto. Enough already!!!

The blog, of late, has had a life of its own. Flame wars. Aspersions cast every which way. The K-word being bandied about. All I can say is knock yourselves out. If you expect to get a rise out of me, you won't . . . cos I don't have a dick (yeah, I know that was an awful pun).

Now look, this blog is written for me. I don't have a counter. I'm not hooked up to Google Analytics. I don't even do the AdSense thing. I have no idea who reads it or why. And I don't care whether you read it or not. Nor do I care whether you like what I say. I'm just here talking about surfing and documenting my progress (or lack thereof) throughout the years. While I do know that people are out there reading this blog, I do my best to say exactly what I mean and exactly what I feel. So you disagree. That's fine. I'm not going to argue that I'm right or that I'm not a kook. Maybe I am a kook. Maybe I'm not. I have but one question: why do you care? I'm not running for office. I have never been and will never be the "Peace and Love" candidate. I'm the "Leave Me Alone to Surf in Peace" candidate. Most of the time, I think the world is a wonderful place. But I do have my moments, as do all of us. Again, have at it if it makes you feel better about yourself. Initially, I thought I cared. Now that I've had some time away from the blog, I realize that I don't. I still leave the comments wide open (while other bloggers understandably use comment moderation). However, I'm not averse to deleting comments that do nothing but suck all of the air out of the room.

My latest surf article for this L.A. CityZine is about the Random Thoughts of a Surf Reporter blog. Now that the story is done, I realize that there's so much more that needs to be said. I've sent out a query to a decent surf publication to see if they're interested in a longer, more comprehensive story. I'll reprint a copy of my latest story in a few days. The publisher of the web zine asked that I wait 48 hours before putting any of my articles on my blog. I'm fine with that.

Finally, I ask the following question: are we really going to let Arnold punk us like that?

2 Comments:

At 1/26/08, 9:32 PM, Blogger MelondraBee said...

Anonymous internet haters amuse me to no end. Keep doing what you're doing and let's all pray for the rain to stop.

 
At 1/26/08, 9:43 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

Yeah, they do get a little tiresome. Thank you for your good attitude (and great videos)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home