20 January 2007

Enough Already!!!

When in the hell will I be able to get back in the water? What is up with this lack of swell?

Soul Brother #1 and I drove all the way to County Line this morning only to discover that 1) the group we were supposed to meet there was, in fact, not there and 2) there were no waves. The BSA (Black Surfing Association) started sending announcements a few weeks ago, telling everyone that there would be a blackout at County Line. (No, I'm not the one who decided to use the word "blackout" to describe the times when we all get together to surf.) 8: 00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Okay, I'm not stupid. I'd already checked the surf reports and tide charts. I thought it might be flat. I'd hoped there would be a little something out there, but was prepared to come home unsurfed . . . again. What pissed me off more than anything else was the fact that no one was there. If you're not going to be there at 8, don't say the thing starts at 8. I thought at least a bunch of us would get together to talk story and see how everyone was doing. Well, we got there at 7:45. As we sat there watching two guys sit in the middle Lake County Line, Soul Brother #1 and I got more irritated. At some point, he announced that if no one showed up by 8:30, we'd leave. I wasn't even in the mood to give them until 8:30. I told him the cut-off was 8:15. And it was at that time that we drove away. What was the purpose of waiting? There were no waves and no other black people there. What? I was supposed to sit there and wait to see who, if anyone, showed up? Oh, hell no! That's a waste of my time. So, we went back to the home break. I didn't think we'd find anything. The tide was already too high at County line. It was no different at the home break. Well, it was a bit different. There were waves there—breaking onshore. I ended up riding my bike on the stationary trainer (boring) and jumping rope (tiring, but fun). I'm thinking tomorrow may be the day. Everyone and everything is saying a swell is on the way.

PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY FOR SURF. (Please bow your heads.)

2 Comments:

At 1/21/07, 4:43 PM, Blogger SlowPolk said...

To bad no waves or people showed.
I want do one of these events,

 
At 1/21/07, 4:49 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

I was going to invite you to this one, but I figured there would be no waves. I also wasn't sure how many of the folks would show up. Don't worry, I'll keep you apprised of the group's events.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home