20 January 2006

What I Did Today


Got my boards out of the house for today's session. (And that ain't easy when you're dodging a three year old and a dog.)


Packed the car with two boards and my gear. I ended up on the longer board today.


Yeah, there was something there. The only problem was the temperature of the water. On a summer day, I would have stayed out for about three hours. Today, all CYT and I could manage was an hour and a half at RPB. I'm sorry, but it's too $#%!ing cold out there! I was so cold that I went to Rock'er surf shop after the session to buy a thicker rash guard to wear under my 4/3. Yes, I'm a wimp. I'm still not in booties. I don't know that I will be this winter. I just hate them. Booties, like board socks, are of the devil. But then again, so is this cold water.

3 Comments:

At 1/20/06, 4:40 PM, Blogger dave rich said...

AHHH, i wish we had lines like that rolling through. it just makes me want to cry. texas surf rarely gets that clean, mostly on hurricane swell or a hard s/sw windswell with a nice 10-15 NW blowing after or during a cold front in the winter time. if i can just hold out till june, im off to mexico!!!

 
At 1/20/06, 6:01 PM, Blogger Whiffleboy said...

Grrrr...really bummed I couldn't make it out. Glad you did though!

 
At 1/21/06, 7:00 AM, Blogger Whiffleboy said...

BTW, cold water is the Devil's Urine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home