12 March 2005

How Can I Get In a Session Today?

Remember last Saturday when the kid and I were stuck at home looking at each other? Well, here we go again. My husband is at work on yet another Saturday. (Yes, he's at work and pissed off about it.) I want to surf. But I have no one to watch my little man. One grandmother is out of town. The other is out at a social function. We have no other babysitters. Now, sometimes, we have a babysitting cooperative at our break. One or two people watch the kids while the others surf. Then we switch off. That's a possibility but I can't find the main family in this cooperative. They're probably already there at the beach. I think I've realized that there will be no surfing today. I suppose I will lift weights and let that be the workout for the day. Perhaps my husband will allow me to have a few hours of surfing in the morning, knowing that I will give him the rest of the day to ride his motorcycle.

I have yet to wax the board I bought last week. I've had neither the time nor the space to do it. The only safe place for me to wax a board is in the living room. I've learned the hard way not to put a board on the floor when my son is around. I was busy working or surfing throughout the week so I couldn't do it last week. And since I have yet to tell a certain person about the board, I haven't been able to do what I normally do: wax the board in the living room after the kid is in bed. I guess the board will have to sit quietly until I can give it some attention.

5 Comments:

At 3/12/05, 10:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yipee! They work.

 
At 3/12/05, 3:36 PM, Blogger Whiffleboy said...

Hey, don't feel so bad. I'm not getting out today either.

Whiff

 
At 3/12/05, 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3/12/05, 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3/13/05, 12:17 PM, Blogger gracefullee said...

Like I said this morning, just call me ahead of time (the night before because I'm usually already down at the beach for dawn patrol), and I'll babysit during the second shift! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home