19 April 2011

Surfin' a Pig

The second of my soon-to-be three pigs is now getting put through its paces at a local beach break that I don't normally surf. This board does not disappoint. In fact, I've yet to surf a pig that does.

This board, unlike my first pig, is a beast. Thank god I lift weights. There is no way I'd be able to carry this thing if I didn't. It's the only board in my quiver that must be carried atop my head. I can only hold it under my arm for so long before I'm forced to stop and adjust. It's no wonder surfers used to carry their boards on their heads back in the day. It's just plain easier.

This board, like my first pig, has no leash plug and sports a big D fin. If you surf boards like this enough, you stop thinking about using a leash. In fact, leashes need not apply. This is not to say that I don't lose my board. It happens, but not as much as it used to. Nevertheless, when I surf a spot with rocks, I leave my I-don't-need-no-stinkin-leashes attitude in the car. I take a board that happily accommodates a leash. I really don't feel it's my duty to help the ding repair folks put all of their kids through college. But when there are rocks and I don't have a leash? Well, let's just say I can probably pay for those kids' grad school educations as well!


When I got home from today's session, someone alerted me that my pig and I could also be found surfing here. Oink!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home