20 April 2011

Knee Replacement: Two Years Later

Oh, snap!! I just realized today is the anniversary of me joining the ranks of those who walk around with titanium parts.

I guess I am finally at the point where I can say, "What knee replacement?" I know it's there. The scar, which I see every day given the fact that I'm always changing in and out of my clothes and into and out of a wetsuit, reminds me of the surgery. Stairs sometimes remind me that the joint is an aftermarket model. But few things in my everyday life make me worry or obsess about it.

I've gotten on with my life. There are things I should not do. My doctor would prefer than I not run, therefore I run sporadically. I ran a little today simply because I was bored; I couldn't bear to walk down this long hill when I could just run. So I ran. Another thing I'm hesitant to do is skate anything that has a lot of vert. I doubt that a fall would end well, especially since I cannot knee slide. I continue to skate though. I will get my ramp resurfaced soon. I will also continue to skate my longboard on relatively flat ground.

I can surf hard and I'm not in pain.

What knee replacement?

1 Comments:

At 4/21/11, 12:04 PM, Blogger Surfing Grandma of OC said...

This is good to hear! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home