23 April 2011

The "I've Been Remiss in Having Dance Parties" Dance Party!



I've never been a big fan of Rick James even though I grew up hearing his music all the time. This is the one song of his that I actually love. Of course, my interest in Rick James was renewed by Dave Chappelle.

What did the five fingers say to the face?
SLAAAAAPPPPP!!!

This blog hasn't seen a dance party in a month of Sundays . . . or longer. I was feeling inspired today, so I went and found something I wanted everyone to dance to.

"The Midnight Special"? Friday nights on NBC. I clearly remember watching that and Don Kirshner's "Rock Concert". That was back in the days before videos. You got to see the people live, lip synching and on your television. Good times. (And now I feel old, thank you very much!)

What the hell! Just get your dance on!

4 Comments:

At 4/23/11, 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rude Girl cmon can you beat this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i71NC9-s__A
All American Nice Guy

 
At 4/24/11, 6:52 AM, Blogger Surfsister said...

Anonymous, do you know what's so funny about that? I have that exact song on vinyl and just converted it to digital so I can listen to it on my iPod. Touché! That song is much better than Rick James will ever be!!

 
At 4/25/11, 3:31 PM, Blogger Surfing Grandma of OC said...

OMG I remember those shows.. Before MTV that is what I would stay up late and watch on the weekend! I totally forgot about that!

 
At 4/26/11, 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for bringing back the dance party! I loved Rick James and Tina Marie, but they don't hold up as well as some of my other old skool faves.

OMG Midnight Special!! I'd go out with my friends in high school and be back in time to catch it. Thanks for posting. I don't care if it makes others think we're old :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home