26 February 2011

Guest Blogger #8: Steiny

I don't even know where to begin. It was the name of his blog, Harmless Neighborhood Eccentric, that first caught my attention. How can one say so much in just three words? When you go to his blog, it gets even better. The brother doesn't say anything. That is to say, he generally doesn't write anything other than titles for his posts. Everything else . . . is visual stimulation. But it's not just the pictures. There are many blogs out there with pretty surfing pictures. Who doesn't love a pretty picture of the beach, waves, hills and the like? Well, this still isn't one of those blogs. It's that the pictures are fascinating; they often have little or nothing to do with surfing. I guess I love Steiny's blog because you never know what you're going to read (in his post titles) or see. His blog is true genius. I swear, I will spend a good five minutes thinking about the few words he writes before each entry. I mean, I will just sit here contemplating how perfect that are.

Examples:

between grief and nothing, i'll take grief

this individualism thing has gotten way out of control-what about community and taking care of each other? (i got barreled today)

If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace.

Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

He wrote a few words about himself when he sent me a bunch of photos for this post. This, my friends, is today's guest blogger:

my name is jonathan steinberg, my friends call me steiny. i live on the westside of santa cruz. i am a small wave hellman and harmless neighborhood eccentric.

Steiny sent me pictures for his guest post. Dammit, he didn't send me a title for the post. So, since imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I'm going to do the title myself . . . Steiny style.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

a junkie walking through the twilight, i'm on my way home--I left three days ago but no one seems to know I've gone







3 Comments:

At 2/27/11, 9:21 AM, Blogger Steve and Cher Pendo said...

Sista, Thanks for sharing. . . we love Steiny, genuis it's true . . .
Aloha, Cher and Steve

 
At 2/27/11, 10:31 AM, Blogger Kirk said...

HNE is pure blogging genius.

 
At 2/27/11, 10:56 AM, Blogger pranaglider said...

Great get! I am totally hooked on HNE and check it first thing every morning

 

Post a Comment

<< Home