13 January 2011

There is Nothing Out There to Surf

Nothing.


It's just flat.


Period.


So, I've resorted to running. It gives me something to do and keeps me off the streets . . . sort of.


I've also been getting to know my new longboard, the one with the wheels.




I was fearful of cross-stepping on that thing at first. Visions of ER visits got in my way. But after seeing one of the crew do some fancy footwork without doing himself any harm (barely), I began to get it. Then, today, another member of the crew and I took turns doing slow cross-steps. One would be on the board while the other ran next to it, arms at the ready to steady the rider should she be launched off the board. That little bit of practice was all I needed. Off came the training wheels. Now I need to just concentrate more on carving while I cross-step. Other than that, I've got it!!

Pray for surf . . . please!

4 Comments:

At 1/13/11, 6:59 PM, Blogger SlowPolk said...

nice!

 
At 1/13/11, 8:58 PM, Anonymous Glenn said...

Awesome!

 
At 1/14/11, 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning. Were you at a repair shop on Wednesday afternoon? If so, I was the one with the family just leaving as you got there. I was too frazzled to say hello and it did not register until I saw the photos above and the blue Van's.

 
At 1/14/11, 9:31 AM, Blogger Surfsister said...

That was me!! I was frazzled too—pissed off that I'd put a few crunches in my board and wondering, "@#@$@! How much is this going to cost me?"

Well, it was nice to see you . . . in passing. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home