11 May 2010

Reason #5396 to Support Your Local Shaper: "Here. Take Mine."

That's essentially what Jon Wegener told me when I expressed an interest in trying one of the boards I'd seen at Sacred Craft.

Granted, you can't just walk in off the street and get a shaper who doesn't know you to loan you his board. However, that's why you establish relationships. I don't know Jon Wegener well, but I know people who are in his circle. He also knows me from my blog as well as from another endeavor which has given me an online and real surf world presence under my legal, alliterative name. So, when I wrote him to ask about this board, he eventually said I'd just have to try one. Then he volunteered his.

It's people like Wegener who give surfing a good name. I will always support my local shapers. Always.

3 Comments:

At 5/12/10, 8:34 AM, Blogger Steve and Cher Pendo said...

Jon and Rosa Wegner are such sweet people, and their boards are awesome. It makes us smile that Jon shared his personal board with you :-) Have fun!
Much Aloha, Cher and Steve

 
At 5/12/10, 11:38 AM, Blogger BCS said...

That's so cool! Is that an alaia?

 
At 5/12/10, 11:39 AM, Blogger Surfsister said...

I will call it Alaia Lite for the purposes of explaining it. It's very much like an alaia, but . . . uh . . . better? I can ride the thing, but my lack of alaia riding experience means I've got no idea how to turn it. I will try that tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home