19 March 2009

Matt's First Post

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

No More Bullshit

As a way to give myself the freedom to write what the fuck I really feel without having to get a bunch of crap about people's feelings or that they are insulted by something I have written I will now be posting on this site, my own personal blog. Please check in often as I plan on TRYING to write every day.

To give you the full rundown on what started this, yesterday I wrote a Top Ten list on what Al Sharpton would do if he found out he really was related to Strom Thurmond, whose greatgrand-daddy apparently owned Shrpton's great-granddaddy back in the days of slavery. The point was that Al would all of a sudden start doing white, redneck things like fire the "darky" that worked in his kitchen. Maybe not the funniest thing in the world but hey, I was trying to give the Swellmagnet readers something for their $$$ on a day when surf was questionable.

Anywho, some dude named Shane ( who apparently does the silkscreening for the Swellmagnet t-shirts ) writes this rambling letter telling me I am going to ruin the site cause people will be offended and his future ( is silk screening a future? Sounds more like a lack of one to me) is in the site and blah blah blah. So, I post his email on the site and my response calling him an illiterate retard. Oh, he did go out of his way to call Sharpton and Jesse Jackson "bags of shit" but apparently my racism was just so much more blatant.

Long and the short was the comments got pulled so I am now saying fuck it. The Swellmagnet reports will be JUST THAT from now on, so if you would like more entertainment or would like to read what I am writing the link will be on the Swellmagnet page but I would also encourage you to share it around the office, school, whatever. I will try to keep it edgy and funny and all comments are welcome. Unless, of course, you disagree with me, in which case I shall be forced to flame you in public. :)

Here's to new ventures and welcome aboard.

Surf in Peace, Matt

4 Comments:

At 3/20/09, 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry but AL Sharpton is a piece of shit racist!

 
At 3/20/09, 11:49 AM, Blogger Surfsister said...

I think Matt alluded to that on more than one occasion. Wait, he didn't politely allude to anything. He just came out and said it. So, you're not saying anything, Anon, that hasn't already been said.

 
At 7/21/10, 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have any more info on how Matt died/where he lived when he died? I was a friend of his from HS and just found out that he passed away. I have been googling away but to no avail. Was he married? Did he have children? I am very sad. He was indeed a big teddy bear.

 
At 7/21/10, 6:32 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

Matt was living in Marina del Rey at the time of his death. We're not sure why he died, but it occurred a day or two after he'd had knee surgery. No kids. I still miss him and that blog. Matt was cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home