05 November 2008

The Elephants in Our (Figurative) Room

I can't help but use the blog to unburden myself of the things I'm having trouble getting past. Although I'd prefer not to broadcast that which is causing me pain right now, I feel the need to really let go of it.

Unemploymentcancerimminentlackofhealt
hcaresickdoglackofpethealthcareandacco mpanyingbadattitude.


Since I seem to have lost the ability to get a good night's sleep, I'm more than happy to sit here killing time at the computer.

These days I'm completely enthralled by any surf stuff related to surf mats. My mat will arrive shortly. I'm beyond excited. I'm probably more excited about the surf mat than I am about our new president. The holes in the quiver are slowly disappearing. There's one more board to come; it was in the works before everything around here went to hell in a hand basket. So I will make that my last board for awhile. (Yes, I know. I can't be trusted with that promise even when the family is in dire financial straits!)

Will the water be clean by Friday? The County's website suggests that the water is clean already. Now that I've experienced the joys of dirty water (i.e., the nasty sinus infection I got from our world class point break earlier this year), I'm in no rush to tempt fate after it rains. Maybe I'll wait until Saturday just to be on the safe side.

4 Comments:

At 11/6/08, 6:36 AM, Blogger Bill said...

Wishing you and yours the very best sister

surf on...

 
At 11/6/08, 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the friggin dog too? That ain't right.

 
At 11/6/08, 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Probably more excited about your new surf mat than the recent election of a black president who (occasionally) body surfs?

I especially appreciate your priorities, but...OMG! :-0

 
At 11/6/08, 9:21 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

The mat can and will provide immediate joy. Obama, because of the mess he must fix, will not. The mat, at this point, is much more important to me than the new president.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home