12 October 2008

Sometimes You Prefer Champagne

I am a person who is quick to make lemonade when life hands me lemons.

This time, I'll admit, that the lemons are just too bitter.

So, today's session was pointless really. Surfers often talk about how being in the water makes you feel better about life. Well, sometimes life is hard . . . and surfing does nothing to change that. Today was one of those days.

Cold, tired, distracted and sad, I pretended to go through the motions. We're all running around here going through the motions right now. For me, going through the motions means doing what I do: workout. It doesn't mean that I do it well. It doesn't mean that I enjoy it. It simply means that I keep doing what I do as a means of maintaining some semblance of order while all hell breaks loose around me.

And that's all I've got to say about that. Forrest Gump

3 Comments:

At 10/12/08, 2:48 PM, Blogger christian said...

Well said. I know exactly what you mean. There are days when I'm in the water and I say to myself, "Man, I don't even know what the hell I am doing. If I did, I'd be somewhere else doing it."

Many days I surf and I am stoked. Other days I surf out of habit. No joy, no peace, just routine.

Hang in there...

Oh yeah, tide is looking good for afternoon BCB sessions and the winds are going to be N-NE. That could be offshore or sideshore. *fingers crossed*

 
At 10/12/08, 8:50 PM, Blogger dgm said...

I'm sorry to hear you're blue. Keep your game face on; this too shall pass.

My workouts are a lifesaver.

 
At 10/12/08, 10:36 PM, Blogger Jamie Welsh Watson said...

I know how you feel, too. Just this weekend I felt very similar. I went running today and after awhile I was like, "Wow, I'm not even feeling better from running". It was weird. But later magically I felt happy again. So I know it will happen to you too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home