20 August 2007

Today

I managed to leave the house, get Soul Brother #2 to daycare and get comfortable at my desk before I noticed I was wearing one black shoe and one brown shoe. (That gave me a good laugh all day.)

I swam so hard that I was shaking when I got out of the pool and was still sweating after I showered.

My boss, after having laughed at my shoes and whatever else it is I do to give him a chuckle on a daily basis, said to me, "Who am I going to harass once you're gone?"

I talked about surfing—as always—with the friend who's got me heading behind the Orange Curtain several times a month. We were trying to decide whether we could find a way to take off sick and hit the swell that's supposed to be here this week.

I thanked whatever deity or power I could thank for my mom. She rocks!

5 Comments:

At 8/21/07, 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if you remember me? I've surfed in the same vicinity as you a few times... I don't remember how I found this place, but I do stop by now and then. I'm not big on the blog patrol, but you bring some purity to this whole deal. Your transparency is refreshing.

Cheers,
Jeremy

 
At 8/21/07, 5:01 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

Thanks for that, Jeremy. I'm terrible at names. I'd have to see your face or perhaps your board in order to remember you. Obviously you know who I am. That leads me to believe we've shared a session at Sunset. I will see you again. Remind me it was you who commented on the blog.

 
At 8/21/07, 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLv7nRHGNFQ

If you cut and paste that into your browser, you'll see me about 1 min and 15 seconds in. (the guy w/o the shirt)

 
At 8/21/07, 8:45 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

Ha!! I'd already figured out who you were without the video. I remember talking to you about many things on more than one occasion. But somehow, my mind went back to us discussing your big dog (or was it two dogs?). Thanks again for commenting on the blog.

 
At 8/23/07, 2:21 PM, Blogger 6ftnperfect said...

Hate Rod? The early stuff was good.

Jeremy - thanks for the video, reminded I got great waves on 7/25.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home