06 September 2006

Labor Day


It was one of the best sessions I've had in a long time. The conditions weren't epic by any means. Still, my crew was out. Peaks were everywhere. I was surfing for the third straight day. That's awfully close to perfect in my book. I got one wave (a left!!) that felt like I was just killing it. I could tell I was in the zone. I don't even know what I did. But after it was over, I kept hearing someone whistling. I didn't know that person was whistling at me. Turns out it was one of the OG locals (i.e., one of the guys who grew up surfing that break) trying to get my attention so he could tell me how good a wave that was. I was pumped after that. Now that I think about it, I did have a good session. I felt strong and ready to surf. I hadn't felt that way on Saturday and Sunday.

There isn't much to say about the session. Words won't do it justice. Simply put, it was a fun day with fun waves and fun people.

7 Comments:

At 9/7/06, 10:39 AM, Blogger gracefullee said...

Nice photo! Agreed. Labor Day '06 rocked at home break.

 
At 9/7/06, 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As usual we missed everyone b/c we were there from crack of dawn until 7am. But we did surf with Richard for a little bit. Agreed on having a good Labor Day sesh.

 
At 9/8/06, 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You all surfed your home break on a crowded day and went home happy.

-A-L-O-H-A-

 
At 9/8/06, 2:45 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

Who said it was crowded?

 
At 9/9/06, 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to clarify...when I wrote about missing everyone - I meant the crew.

 
At 9/11/06, 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy (post) labor day!
Check it out:


http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2006/09/my-cubicle.html

 
At 9/12/06, 6:40 AM, Blogger Surfsister said...

Ha!! That's a good one, Surfbum!! I do have a surf poster up in my cubicle. I also have a bar of surf wax (to sniff on when I'm missing the ocean), a tide book, and some stickers there to make me feel a little less . . . oh . . . imprisoned.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home