03 April 2006

If It Weren't for the Damn Time Change . . .

I could surf tomorrow morning. Soul Brother #1 took three days off. I thought I'd try to do dawn patrol on one of those days since, as of last week anyway, I'd noticed the sun rose at around 5:30. It's not like I wanted to get in the water over the weekend. It rained hard enough to make me think twice about venturing into the water. I figured Tuesday or Wednesday would be my days. Well, they're not. It's too dark in the morning. I start work before 8 a.m. It's not worth it to get in the water at 6:30, the new hour of the sunrise, only to get back out at 7. Obviously, there'll be no dawn patrol for me this week. I'm looking forward to the weekend. A swell is purportedly on the way. I want some of it, dammit. It's time to get some decent waves. In the meantime, I'll keep riding that bike, lifting, and rowing.


That balsa board is sweeeeeeeet!!! This is the application of the gloss coat.

3 Comments:

At 4/3/06, 9:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love the smell of resin in the morning, it smells like victory! Seriously, I LOVE that smell. I think I did a lot of dain bramage when I was glassing boards....

 
At 4/4/06, 11:00 AM, Blogger Whiffleboy said...

Ok, ok...is this really your new board???

 
At 4/4/06, 5:17 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

Are you talking to me? I want my lawyer . . . Chris Slick II.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home