28 April 2006

I'd Better Find Some Waves

I've got everything lined up for tomorrow. Soul Grandmother #2 as babysister? Check. Meeting with CYT at the appointed break at the appointed hour? Check. Surf stuff all in one place so that nothing gets left behind? Check. Gas in the car? Check. A good attitude? Check. A willingness to charge? Oh, hell yeah!!!

After last week's session at El Porto, everything went downhill for me physically. I went there with what I thought were my allergies. By Sunday, I was hurtin' and unable/unwilling to leave the house, even though I was stuck there all day alone with a four year old. What I thought was allergies turned out to be some weird infection that lodged, of all places, in my nose. My nose turned red . . . well, as red as it's going to turn on a face with brown skin and swelled to the point of being painful to the touch. Then the swelling started to spread to my cheek. It was awful. I knew that this redness, heat and swelling meant there was an infection. I was right. It took days for the infection to work its way out of there. (What does that mean? Two words: oozing and pus—it wasn't pretty.) I even managed to get myself sent home from work on Monday after dutifully making an appearance for a few hours. I'm much better now. No, I'm not staying out of the water this weekend. Last week's health issue is behind me now. Part of me thinks the problem wasn't helped by the red tide that was in the water. I'd never gotten ill from the red tide before, but then again there's always a first time.

Pray for decent, plentiful waves. Amen.

2 Comments:

At 4/29/06, 10:50 AM, Blogger Whiffleboy said...

I'm guessing the Lord didn't answer anyone's prayers for waves. Lookes wretched out there today.

 
At 4/30/06, 12:49 PM, Blogger gracefullee said...

Take care of you. After struggling with ailments for the better part of the year (I think brought on by last year's persistent red tide), I found myself a doctor that told me I probably had an infection in my sinuses that never healed properly. He's got me on some serious anti-biotics and all the crazy health issues I've been having for the past eight months have almost all gone away. I still tend to sneeze when I've been in the water for an hour, though...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home