12 March 2006

What's Up With the Weather?

Now that I'm down to surfing on weekends only, I'm none too thrilled when the weather refuses to cooperate. I was completely shut out this weekend. By the time one took into account the cold, the rain, the wind, and the questionable water quality, paddling out didn't seem like such a good idea.

Yesterday, I once again spent my workout time here.

It's got everything I need . . . except water and waves. But when I can't surf, this is where I can be found staying in shape for surfing. I get up at 5 so that I can spend an hour in here before the day truly begins. Bowflex. Squat rack. Rowing machine. Bike on indoor trainer. Ceiling fans. If you've got to go to the gym, you might as well go to your own gym. At least that's how I feel about it.

I thought about paddling out today. After looking at the surf reports and doing my own assessment of the weather, I went for a bike ride. I took my camera. I only got one surf picture and it doesn't do justice to the waves I found (at the Venice Pier). What I did find was an innovative dad. I had to take a picture of him, his daughter, and their dog. Look closely at how he's handled the tricycle/skateboard issue. Smart man!

2 Comments:

At 3/14/06, 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you must have an incredible body ... I'd love to see you naked.

 
At 3/15/06, 7:15 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

No, I don't. But I do have an incredible quiver!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home