26 February 2006

Don't Just Stand There!!

Make a sacrifice to the surf gods or something!!!


This is how the crew (okay, part of the crew) looks when there's no surf. Everyone stands on or along that wall—watching, talking, kvetching, and playing with our kids. Obviously, I didn't surf yesterday (or today). As of tomorrow, I've got a free week of surfing before I start a new job, one that's more conducive to being a wife and mother. Unfortunately, I'll only be able to do weekend sessions once that job starts. Once summer comes, I may be able to do some evening glass-off sessions too. So I'm praying for at least one decent day of surf this week.

6 Comments:

At 2/26/06, 7:40 PM, Blogger Jim said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya! Dang, you've been busy!

 
At 2/26/06, 7:59 PM, Blogger Whiffleboy said...

It's amazing that they still all show up (you included, I guess!) when there are no waves. Must be a "scene". :-)

 
At 2/26/06, 8:01 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

Yeah, well, I'm trying to figure out this wife, mother, and work thing. I used to think of it as the wife, mother, work, and play thing. Dammit all to hell, but the play part must cease to exist for now. However, I wanted this job and kind of knew I had it when I walked out. The pay is okay. The big draw for me is the fact that they completely pay for your benefits (for you and your family). That more than makes up for what I'm not getting paid. The blog, however, may come to an end.

 
At 2/27/06, 6:58 AM, Blogger Surfsister said...

Whiff, I always go to the beach prepared to do a different workout. I ended up going for a skate. They all know I usually have my board and something else in the car. In the end, they left and I was still there . . . doing my workout.

 
At 2/27/06, 10:08 AM, Blogger gracefullee said...

Buncha degenerates.

:)

 
At 2/27/06, 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay - I know we've had our fair share of standing at the wall shooting the s#!t but not until you posted this picture did I realize that we REALLY do this. And how funny it must look to passerbys...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home