18 November 2005

Too Much Information?

Once again, it's all about surfing. Why do I say that? Because I know I've got it bad. And you know you've got it bad when you talk to your doctor about getting your tubes tied. She generally explains the process, saying it's done laproscopically. The incision is near the belly button. Thus, the abdominal muscles will hurt for quite awhile after the surgery. Was I worried about the idea of an operation? No. Did I get woozy when she explained how it was done? No. Then why am I trippin'? Because she said that area will be tender for weeks—AND I TOOK THAT TO MEAN I WON'T BE ABLE TO SURF! And, really, what's a few weeks out of the water compared to no longer having to worry about birth control? I mean, you'd think I'd be able to easily decide which of those is more important, right? We'll revisit this subject again in a few months as I get closer to scheduling the surgery. Of course, now that I think of it, a few weeks out of the water is better than nine months (or longer) out of the water.

3 Comments:

At 11/18/05, 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I remember telling girlfriends when I was in my 20's that a really good day of surfing ranks right up there next to sex....

Only a surfer knows the feeling.... Ooops, that's the Billabong tagline

 
At 11/20/05, 11:17 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Hmmm. Here's something that might just be easier for the men.

Get yer vasectomy Thursday morning that March Madness starts. Then sit in your chair, a cooler nearby, stocked with just the right medicines and frozen peas.

Not sure if there's a similar avenue for a surfer needing a ligation, but it's worth a try, right?

 
At 11/22/05, 6:43 AM, Blogger Surfsister said...

Soul Brother #1 is much too squeamish to get snipped. Paul, a good day of surfing does rank right up there with sex. We'd all be lying if we said it doesn't.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home