27 June 2005

The Swell Isn't Very Swell

I guess there was too much wishful thinking on my part. I thought the swell would bring good tidings to one and all. Wrong! Yes, Sunset had some waves. No, it wasn't overly crowded. However, the shape of the waves was not to my liking. Something has changed up there. Perhaps the sandbars have shifted. Maybe the wind was screwing things up. I don't know. It just wasn't happening. Or is it possible that I've been spoiled by a certain wave whose name I won't utter but we all know which break I'm talking about? After getting a taste of that, our other local point breaks pale by comparison. There were no long rides today. The waves tended to take their time to build (as is typical of Sunset), jack up, and then close out. On a positive note, you've got to admit that the Sunset vibe is a good one. I heard someone yell "sorry" to someone else. The reply that came back was, "Oh, that's okay. Don't worry about it." I'll try again tomorrow. I don't know where I'm going. I'll decide once I look at the surf reports.

2 Comments:

At 6/27/05, 3:40 PM, Blogger Whiffleboy said...

Not sure what time you arrived today, but, your mention of the wind kind of leads me to believe it was after the shift over to an onshore flow.

It was pretty damn good at 5:30am.

 
At 6/27/05, 4:11 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

I was there at 9:30. Bleh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home